We want you to love your sofa and enjoy it for years to come, so before you make your purchase, please check that it will fit perfectly into your home.
Before you buy your sofa, it's important to make sure that it will fit through all entryways, stairwells and lifts. Here are a few tips to help you:Doorway
Knowing the height and width of the door will help you to know whether the sofa will fit through.
• Measure the height (H) and width (W) from the top left or right to the opposite bottom corner
• Ensure there is a clear and unobstructed path around the doorway
• Take into account any fixtures and fittings and immovable objects such as gas meters and radiators
• If the depth of your sofa is greater than the width of your door then you may be able to get the sofa through at an angle. Measure the diagonal depth of the sofa, which needs to be smaller than the width of the door. Please see the section 'How do I measure my sofa?' for how to measure the diagonal depth.
• Measure the distance (L) between the access wall in the hallway and the interior wall in the room where the sofa will be placed. This must be greater than the width of the sofa>
• For tight corners, it may be easier to stand the sofa upright so you should measure the ceiling height. This needs to be greater than the diagonal height (DH) of the sofa, so as to avoid catching the ceiling
• Measure the height (H), width (W) and depth (D) of the stairwell to allow turning on the stairs
• Take into account that different floors may have different stairwell heights and note if there are any doors or turns in the stairwell
• Measure the height and width of the lift door and the dimensions inside the lift, including the diagonal height from the bottom front to the top back, in case the sofa needs to fit into the lift at an angle
• Check the sofa weight on our website against the maximum load of the lift
• To be sure that your new sofa will fit into your room, we suggest making a template from newspaper or use masking tape to mark out the amount of space it requires
• Check that you have enough room to move around your sofa and to open doors and drawers once it's in place
• Don't forget to also measure the height of the area where your sofa will be positioned to ensure it can be manoeuvred into place
All our sofa measurements can be found on the website and in stores, or you can contact our Customer Service team on 0844 499 4686.
We provide our sofa dimensions in centimetres in the format Width x Height x Depth
(W x H x Dcm). These measurements are calculated from the widest or tallest points.
Width (W) – this is the longest point from left to right.
Height (H) – this is the highest point from the backrest to the floor.
Depth (D) – this is the depth of the sofa from the front to the back.
Additional measurements you may need
(Please contact Customer Service on 0844 499 4686 or visit a store)
Diagonal Depth (DD) - This determines whether the sofa can go through the doorway at an angle.
From the side of the sofa, measure from the top left or right corner of armrest to the opposite bottom corner.
This dimension must be smaller than the width of the door.
Diagonal Height (DH) – This determines whether the sofa can be brought into the room standing up.
Measure from the front corner of armrest to the opposite back corner.
This dimension must be smaller than the height of the ceiling.
Most of our sofas have removable legs, feet and sofa cushions to facilitate delivery into smaller spaces. Please see the product page on our website or contact Customer Service on
0844 499 4686 for more information.
We deliver on vehicles that are about the size of a fire engine or refuse lorry.
Please contact Customer Service on 0844 499 4686 if you’re aware of any issues getting to your street, e.g.
• narrow lanes
• low bridges
• parking restrictions e.g. permits required, schools, red routes
• Our delivery team are happy to unwrap and dispose of any packaging from your sofa
• Please inspect your order thoroughly before signing the delivery paperwork
• Any flaws, defects or signs of transit damage should also be documented alongside your signature; in this event, please contact our Customer Service team immediately on 0844 499 4686 or email email@example.com.