Sofa measuring guide
We want you to love your sofa and enjoy it for years to come, so before you make your purchase, please check that it will fit perfectly into your home.
Take a look at our video, and read our guide below:
Take a look at our video
Can my sofa fit through the door?
Before you buy your sofa, it's important to make sure that it will fit through all entryways, stairwells and lifts. Here are a few tips to help you:
Knowing the height and width of the door will help you to know whether the sofa will fit through.
- Measure the Height (H) and Width (W) of your door.
- Ensure there is a clear and unobstructed path around the doorway
- Take into account any fixtures and fittings and immovable objects such as gas meters and radiators
- Measuring the diagonal depth of the sofa will help you to understand whether it will go through the door at an angle.
- To help you get your sofa through the doorway you may be able to place the sofa on one end and twist the sofa into the doorway seat first.
- Measure the length between the door and interior wall to ensure there is enough room to manoeuvre the sofa into the desired room. You may need to stand the sofa on its end or twist it into the doorway as per the above diagram.
- Measure the height (H), width (W) and depth (D) of the stairwell to allow turning on the stairs
- Take into account that different floors may have different stairwell heights and note if there are any doors or turns in the stairwell
- Measure the height and width of the lift door and the dimensions inside the lift, including the diagonal height from the bottom front to the top back, in case the sofa needs to fit into the lift at an angle
- Check the sofa weight on our website against the maximum load of the lift
Where do I place the sofa?
To be sure that your new sofa will fit into your room, we suggest making a template from newspaper or use masking tape to mark out the amount of space it requires.
Check that you have enough room to move around your sofa and to open doors and drawers once it's in place.
Don't forget to also measure the height of the area where your sofa will be positioned to ensure it can be manoeuvred into place.
How do I measure my sofa?
All our sofa measurements can be found on the website and in stores, or you can contact our Customer Service team on 0344 499 4686.
We provide our sofa dimensions in centimetres in the format Width x Height x Depth (W x H x Dcm). We provide the assembled dimensions, with legs and cushions included, and also the packaged dimensions.
Your sofa will be delivered in its packaging and there may be some instances where removing the packaging will help get the sofa into the house. However, this will be done at the customer’s risk.
Width (W) - this is the longest point from left to right.
Height (H)–this is the highest point from the backrest to the floor.
Depth (D)–this is the depth of the sofa from the front to the back.
Additional measurements you may need
Diagonal Depth (DD)–This determines whether the sofa can go through the doorway at an angle.
From the side of the sofa, measure from the top left or right corner of armrest to the opposite bottom corner.
Diagonal Height (DH)–This determines whether the sofa can be brought into the room standing up.
Measure from the front corner of armrest to the opposite back corner.
Most of our sofas have removable legs, feet and sofa cushions to facilitate delivery into smaller spaces. Please see the product page on our website or contact Customer Service on 0344 499 4686 for more information.
What to consider before the delivery?
We deliver on vehicles that are about the size of a fire engine or refuse lorry.
Please contact Customer Service on 0344 499 4686 if you’re aware of any issues getting to your street, e.g.
- narrow lanes
- low bridges
- parking restrictions e.g. permits required, schools, red routes
What to do once you’ve received your sofa?
- Our delivery team are happy to unwrap and dispose of any packaging from your sofa.
- Please inspect your order thoroughly before signing the delivery paperwork
- Any flaws, defects or signs of transit damage should also be documented alongside your signature; in this event, please contact our Customer Service team immediately on 0344 499 4686 or email email@example.com.