Hand crafted in Italy, the Smithfield grey leather armchair has a soft, sculptural silhouette with feather and fibre filled seat cushions for comfort.
Designed by Aaron Probyn for the Habitat Design Reunion project to celebrate our 50th birthday, the Smithfield chair is inspired by the era of classic car design and is hand crafted in a very traditional way that uses age old techniques. The lounge chair features rounded rolled arms and low back, creating a continual line that is punctuated by the delicate wooden feet.
Equally suited to a traditional or modern environment, the Smithfield armchair is a classic design that will transcend fashions and current trends. The lounge chair is upholstered in aniline leather, which allows the natural characteristics of the hide to show through and it is the most premium natural looking leather available on the market. Please note, slight variations in the colour and texture of leather are totally normal and as a result this product may appear to have a dark bluish tone in certain lights.
Will it fit?
We want you to love your sofa and enjoy it for years to come, so before you make your purchase, please check that it will fit perfectly into your home.Measuring Guide Buying Guide
Check out all of our buying guides here
- Assembled dimensions: W80 x H85 x D103cm
- Seat height: 38cm
- Diagonal depth: 130cm
- Diagonal height: 116cm
- Seat depth: 64cm
- Width of armrest: 8cm
- Packaged dimensions: Pack 1: W109 x H82 x D83cm.
Please note that this is just a guide - due to their handmade nature, our sofas may vary slightly in size.
- Product Code: 293703
- Aniline leather is a premium natural looking leather that highlights the natural characteristics of the hide.
- Slight variations in the colour and texture of leather are totally normal. We take great care handling our sofas and they’re rigorously checked for quality, but please bear in mind that small irregularities, scratches or blemishes are not faults. They’re the good part!
- Partial assembly required (feet).
- Removable Cover
- Cover: 100% aniline leather.
- Structure: metal frame with fibre wrapped foam.
- Seat cushion: 100% feather.
To keep your sofa looking fabulous, give its cushions a good squeeze regularly to restore their shape and rotate double-sided cushions so that they wear evenly. If your sofa is feather filled we recommend you plump and rotate once a week.
Professional clean only.
Covers (both removable and fixed) should only be cleaned professionally by an upholstery cleaning specialist.
Colour variation may occur between cleaned and un-cleaned sections. When cleaning, please ensure all components are cleaned at the same time to avoid colour variation.
Vacuum or brush your upholstery weekly as accumulated dirt will accelerate wear and dull colours.
Avoid exposing your furniture to direct and prolonged periods of sunlight and heat sources as fading may occur.
Avoid sharp objects.
Spots and Spills; DO NOT RUB! Carefully soak up any spillage by gently blotting with a clean, dry absorbent cloth. Do not use a wet cloth.