We’re finally within grabbing distance of the main event. If the hob’s been permanently topped with a cauldron of mulled wine and you’ve had enough Prosecco to make you pop, let us share with you this deliciously festive take on the mojito, and add another drink to your repertoire. Spiced rum infused with dried fruits…it’s like Christmas pudding in a glass! Bottom’s up!
- Take 350ml of dark rum and add a few teaspoons of dried fruit (apricots & sultanas work well) and dried ginger. Leave for at least 24 hours.
- Strain off the fruit
- In a pestle and mortar, muddle some mint leaves.
- In a cocktail shaker, add the rum, 25ml of sugar syrup and 25ml freshly squeezed lime juice and the muddled mint leaves. Shake well.
- Add a handful of crushed ice to a large glass and pour over the rum mix..
- Top up the glass with ginger beer.
- Garnish with mint tips, a lime wedge and some dried cranberries.