This month we are offering you the chance to have a top professional chef cook for you and your friends in the comfort of your own home and avoid the stress that comes with hosting the perfect dinner party. Enter our competition here for the chance to win this delectable prize plus £100 voucher to spend on Habitat dinnerware. And you can put your feet up and enjoy top-notch cuisine without even leaving the house.
For those of us who aren’t lucky enough to win such an amazing prize, being the host with the most can be a tricky juggling act of food preparation, entertaining guests whilst appearing calm and in control – even if chaos is unfolding in the kitchen.
Organisation is the key, so we’ve put together a list of useful tips to help your dinner parties run as smoothly as possible.
Cook in advance wherever possible. Remove the last minute stress by preparing sauces, soups and desserts in the days and weeks prior to your dinner party and freezing until they’re needed. Being organised and getting ahead of the game will help to free up a lot of time on the day and significantly reduce your stress levels in the process!
Don’t be over ambitious
When hosting a dinner party it’s only natural to want to show off to your friends, but don’t make the mistake of trying to do this by concocting an over-complicated exotic dish that you’ve never made before. The best way to impress is by cooking something familiar, it’s much better to achieve perfection with a simple dish than to experiment on your guests with an underwhelming attempt at something more extravagant.
Don’t spend too long in the kitchen
As much as your guests have come to your home for a delicious dinner, the main reason they accepted the invite was to see you! So don’t spend too long hidden away in the kitchen when you could be chatting to your friends over a glass of wine.
Prepare a balanced menu
It can be tempting when planning a dinner party, to choose three dishes that you love, but make sure you consider your menu as a whole too. This enables you to check whether there is a good balance to your meal – it’s important that your dishes complement each other. Consider what
Plan your time
If you don’t keep track of your timings when hosting a dinner party, things can quickly begin to unravel. There’s so much to think about, items can easily slip your mind and throw the whole night off course. Write a timetable to ensure you avoid burnt food, bored guests and missing accompaniments.
Put these tips into action and you’ll be well on your way to creating a perfect dinner party that you and your guests can enjoy. Remember, enter our competition for the chance to have a professional chef cook dinner for you and your friends, and enjoy a luxury dinner party with none of the stress. Good luck!
Terms & Conditions
- UK only competition
- By submitting your answer, you are agreeing to Habitat using this content in any future marketing activity.
- Inappropriate content will be removed and disqualified.
- You must submit your entry by answering the question.
- The winner will be selected by a panel of judges chosen by Habitat.
- The competition starts at 00:01am on 11/01/2016 and closes at 11:59pm 29/01/2016
- All entries received after this time will not be considered.
- The winner will be contacted via the email.
- The winner has 5 working days to claim their prize, no response after this time will result in another winner being selected.
- *The winner will receive a £100 Habitat online gift-card to be used in one transaction. There is no cash alternative and this prize cannot be exchanged or replaced with Habitat goods of equivalent value.
- The La Belle Assiette prize is for a dinner party of four [worth £200] and must be claimed before [30.4.2016]
- Valid anywhere UK mainland.
- Valid any day (depending on the chef availability) except Bank Holidays and Valentine’s Day.
Images via Pinterest