If, like us, you wish that you could pick up a pen and watch as gorgeously swirly and fluttery handwriting effortlessly appears from the nib then your dreams may well become a reality! Over the weekend of the 12 and 13 March, Lamplighter London will transform Habitat’s Platform Gallery, into a calligraphy wonder room to celebrate the launch of their new modern calligraphy book ‘Nib + Ink’. Under the expert guidance of master calligrapher and Lamplighter London founder, Chiara Perano, you will try your hand at calligraphy using a range of neon inks whilst enjoying afternoon tea from The Floury.
Your ticket to the workshop includes:
- A personalised modern calligraphy kit to take home, including inks, nib, paper and screen-printed tote bag.
- 2.5 hours of calligraphy practise and guidance, including 1 on 1 help and attention
- Tips, ideas and insider info from one of London’s most in demand calligraphers
- Try your hand with their gorgeous neon inks
- Teas, fruit infused water and bubbly
- A beautiful afternoon cake spread from The Floury
- The chance to browse and buy the new book ‘Nib + Ink’
Lamplighter London began 4 years ago and has a list of celebrated clients including Mulberry, Harrods, Nike and Jimmy Choo. Chiara Perano is an illustrator and designer by trade, and a self-taught calligrapher and hand letterer, specialising in modern, whimsical styles for use on stationery, installations, advertising and events. Through her company, she also runs workshops like the one being hosted at Platform.
You can book tickets online here:
Follow Lamplighter London here:
208 King’s Road,
Photographs: Laura McCluskey