How to get Argos Card credit today...
Spread the cost with the Argos Card. Representative 34.9% APR Variable. Credit Subject to Status.
To get credit on your trolley today, you need to apply when you check out:
There’s just a few things you need to do:
- Go back to your trolley, and if you’re applying through our website, you can choose to collect your products in-store or have them delivered.
- On the payment page, click the Credit Available box and choose your plan.
- Once you’ve finished the Quick Check, you’ll see instantly if you'll be accepted before submitting an application.
Why apply for the Argos Card?
We like the Argos Card because...
- You can use our quick check application to find out if you are likely to be accepted without affecting your credit rating.
- It helps you to spread the cost of a big purchase.
- This can be a great way to avoid a massive hit to your wallet.
- Pay no interest when you spend £50+ and pay your full balance within 3 months.
- Pay no interest on any product £99+ when you pay your full balance within 12 months.
- No interest will be charged if you pay in full within your credit plan period and keep your account up to date. If you don’t pay in full, you’ll be charged interest on any balance remaining at the end of the plan. This interest will be backdated to the date of purchase.
- It helps you to balance your budget and be financially flexible.
- It comes with an award winning App to manage your Card and balance going forward.
- We could go on but we know you're busy...
Listen up. Here's what you need to know...
How do I avoid paying interest?
So, the good news is...if you pay the balance in full, within your credit plan period, or pay before your statement due date on a normal credit plan, you won't pay any interest.
For a Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) plan, if you pay after the BNPL plan period, you’ll be charged interest on any balance remaining at the end of the plan. This interest will be backdated to the date of purchase, known as deferred interest.
You should always try and pay back as much as you can as quickly as you can to reduce the amount of interest you’ll be charged.
When will I know if I’ve been accepted for the Argos Card?
Our handy online application lets you see instantly if you’ll be accepted before continuing with a full Argos Card application. This doesn't affect your credit rating so you can check risk-free. Phew.
If you choose to continue and submit your application, a record will be added to your credit file.
What's normal credit?
Normal credit works in the same way as a standard credit card. If you clear your balance before your next statement date, you'll incur no interest. Your monthly statement will show how much you owe and the date you need to pay it by.
Buy Now Pay Later credit plans aren't available on purchases under £50, so normal credit will be your only Argos Card payment option in this instance.
Keep listening. More important info to share...
Are there any charges?
It's boring but handy to know...here's a list of possible Argos Card charges:
- £12 if you don't make your minimum monthly contractual payment on time.
- £12 if you exceed your credit limit.
- £12 for a returned payment, for example, a failed Direct Debit.
- The above charges are referred to in this agreement as 'Default Charges'.
- We may also charge you: reasonable costs for enforcing the agreement, including any loss, costs or expenses that may be incurred in collecting money owed under this agreement.
- £5 for sending you a copy statement. If you do not pay any fees and/or charges when they are due, interest will be applied to them at the Normal Credit Rate.
You'll find further details in our T&Cs.
What are the T&Cs?
Here's a quick rundown, but you can read the whole shebang here if you fancy.
- Representative 34.9% APR variable.
- Minimum payments are detailed in your T&Cs.
- Argos Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority as a credit broker, and works exclusively with the Argos Card lender, Home Retail Group Card Services Limited.
- You'll get regular statements for your Argos Card. Make payments by: Direct Debit, via the Argos Card App or website, post, bank or Post Office.
- You can call us on: 0345 640 0700.
- There's no annual fee for the card.
Am I eligible for the Argos Card?
You can apply if you...
- Are over 18.
- Have your bank details to hand.
- Can tell us where you've lived for the last 2 years.
- Have been a permanent UK resident for over a year.
Habitat is a trading name of Argos Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority as a credit broker (713206), and works exclusively with the lender, Home Retail Group Card Services Limited, who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to provide credit (716148). Home Retail Group Card Services Limited is registered in England (04007072) at 33 Holborn, London, United Kingdom, EC1N 2HT.
Spread the cost on your Habitat shopping with the Argos Card. You can choose from one of our standard credit plans or check out our special offer credit plans. These are time-limited credit offers available on top products including indoor and outdoor furniture.
The Argos Card allows you to buy now, pay later and it’s easy to manage your account with the Argos Card App. So, if you need a new sofa, want to shop the latest lighting from Habitat or are on the hunt for the latest outdoor furniture, apply for the Argos Card online or in-store.
Credit subject to status. T&Cs apply. Representative 34.9% APR variable.