We want you to be pleased with the goods that you purchase and with the service that you receive from us. These are our conditions of sale and you should read them carefully as they apply to your order. We ask you to review your order and accept these terms and conditions of sale during the registration process. Please note these conditions of sale are for online customers only and if you have placed an order in one of our stores you should refer to the printed copy of the conditions of sale you received when confirming your order.
- The supplier of the goods under your order is Habitat Retail Ltd whose registered office is at 489-499 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes, MK9 2NW (company number 7445750). All communications must be made to firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling 0344 499 4686, or by post to Habitat Customer Service, Royal Avenue, Widnes, WA8 8HS.
- When you order goods from us a contract will be formed when you receive a copy of your email order confirmation. If your order is placed over the telephone, a contract will be formed once you receive an order confirmation.
- If you want to change your order (including the arrangements for delivery or collection), you must contact us immediately as any changes may delay the delivery of your order. To cancel your order or any part, please see section 5 below, 'YOUR RIGHTS TO CANCEL YOUR ORDER'.
- If you purchase the same goods under two or more orders, we cannot guarantee that the goods supplied will be from the same batch and be an exact colour match.
2. Your Habitat Account And Passwords
- You are responsible for the confidentiality and maintenance of your personal account information and password. You accept responsibility for all activities which occur under your account and password. It is important that you keep your personal details and password confidential and secure, if you have any reason to suspect that your password has become known to someone else, has been or is likely to be used without your authorisation you should contact us immediately. Habitat shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage as a failure by you to protect your password or account details.
- Habitat reserves the right to refuse access to the website, terminate personal accounts, amend and remove content and cancel orders (at no cost to you).
- Your account contains all of your order history, your delivery details, address book, credit card details and e-mail preferences. You can see and edit any of this information by logging in using your username and password.
- You guarantee that when you register with us as a customer all of the information which you provide is true, accurate and up to date. If any of the information provided changes you must inform us immediately by contacting our online service team email@example.com or by calling 0344 499 4686.
- You must not impersonate any other person or entity or use a false name or a name which you do not have authority to use. You must not use the website in any way which will cause or is likely to cause the website to be impaired, damaged or interrupted in any way.
4. Price and payment
- The price for the goods (including any applicable delivery charges) is as set out in the order confirmation. Extra delivery charges may apply – see section 7 'EXTRA DELIVERY CHARGES'.
- You must pay in full for the goods (including any applicable delivery charges) at the time of placing your order.
- Ownership in the goods we supply to you will not pass until we have received all sums due and payable by you for or in connection with the goods, including (where applicable) delivery charges.
- Habitat is under a legal duty to supply goods that conform to the contract. Where goods are defective or not as described − then please see section 10 'QUALITY' and nothing in this section limits your rights where goods are defective or not as described.
- Where you have ordered your goods by internet, e-mail or telephone, under the Consumer Contract (Information Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations you may cancel your order at any time between placing the order and within 14 days after the day the goods come into your possession (or the last item of a multiple order comes into your possession) this does not apply to:
- Items collected in store
- Goods and services where the price is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market, and cannot be controlled by the trader
- Goods made to the customers specification or are clearly personalised
- Goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly
- Newspapers, periodicals, magazines
- Sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons, if unsealed after delivery
- Sealed audio or video recordings or computer software
- Goods that becomes mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
- Furniture, upholstery, bulky accessories (e.g. rugs) and mattresses are delivered by the delivery company Panther. Delivery cost for these items to a UK address is £25 when you spend over £500 and £15 if you spend less. Most deliveries are made Monday to Saturday between 8am − 9pm. Delivery at this rate is only available to mainland UK. Delivery is available to the Republic of Ireland, charges for which can be found in our Delivery outside of the mainland UK and Republic of Ireland is subject to the availability of our couriers service in the area and can not be guaranteed.
- Smaller home accessories to UK addresses will be made by a standard parcel courier. All deliveries will be made Monday to Friday between 8am - 9pm. Delivery cost for these items is £4.95 per delivery. Delivery at this rate is only available to mainland UK. Delivery is available to the Republic of Ireland, charges for which can be found in our
- For Made to Order furniture, we’ll be in touch by text or phone once the finished item has arrived to our warehouse – usually it takes 8-10 weeks (in some cases it could be up to 12 weeks). At that point you can book a convenient delivery slot online or through our Customer Services team – just ring 0344 499 4686.
- Whilst we deliver to most areas in the UK and Ireland, we are unable to guarantee delivery, within our usual leadtimes, to certain areas. These include Highlands & Islands, Channel Islands, Isles of Scilly and the Isle of Man. Sorry, but we don't deliver to BFPO addresses, the Orkney Islands and deliveries to the Isle of Man are limited to accessories.
- We will accept orders from EU nationals or residents under Geoblocking Regulations but you must collect them from a Click & Collect store or provide an acceptable delivery address in the UK. We do not supply or deliver to shipping agents or to agents who sell on our goods to third parties.
- Please note if you order Furniture and standard items, you will receive multiple deliveries from our separate delivery services but you will only be charged once, for the delivery of Furniture.
- At the time of placing your Furniture order, you will have been informed of the approximate timescale for contact by our home delivery company regarding your delivery or collection. For a Furniture item that is in stock, we will contact you to arrange an appointment for UK delivery within one week of receiving your order. For an item that is not in stock or that is made-to-order, our home delivery company will contact you to arrange an appointment for UK delivery once we have received that item in our warehouse.
- The Furniture delivery service will deliver to room of choice however this is subject to access and Health & Safety guidelines. You must tell us when arranging delivery about any special factors that may result in delivery being more costly and/or taking longer than it otherwise would have, such as parking restrictions, narrow bridges or small entrances.
- We recommend reviewing our before ordering.
- Extra charges for delivery may apply in any of the following circumstances:
- If you change the address where your goods are to be delivered at short notice.
- If delivery is more costly and/or takes longer than it otherwise would have because of any special factors that you failed to tell us about.
- If the goods need to be redelivered because of access problems (e.g. small door frames, awkward turns, narrow passages, steps etc) at the delivery address or because the goods would not fit into the room for which they were intended.
- If the goods need to be redelivered because there was no-one at the delivery address aged 18 or over to sign for the goods at the time arranged for delivery.
8. Delay in delivery
- Occasionally the delivery of your goods may be delayed by circumstances outside our control. If for any reason we are unable to deliver the goods or to have them ready for collection within the original approximate timeframe then we will notify you of the delay and new timeframe as soon as possible.
- If you cannot wait for the goods, you must let us have notice of cancellation from the person who placed the order. If we receive your notice of cancellation as set out above, then you will receive a full refund.
- This request must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can phone Customer Service team on 0344 499 4686. However, Habitat cannot accept any liability for any losses you incur (including loss of earnings) or for compensation for perceived inconvenience that may be suffered due to any delay.
9. Arrival of goods
- On delivery of your furniture products, you will be asked to sign for the goods and to inspect any upholstery goods that have been unpacked to ensure you accept them. For this reason you should be present at delivery yourself. However, if you do ask someone else to take delivery for you, then you must make sure that they are aware of what they need to do and are happy to accept the goods on your behalf.
- We will be pleased to unpack all upholstery goods for you and remove the packaging if you require us to do so.
- We will deliver your goods to the room of your choice provided that our team can gain access to that room.
- Please notify us of obvious defects that are apparent on first inspection of the goods, such as missing parts or damage, within 14 days of delivery and additionally, wherever possible, by describing the defects on the 'proof of delivery' document you are asked to sign.
- For other defects, please notify us as soon as you discover those defects and at the latest within 14 days of delivery.
- You may notify us by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone on 0344 499 4686. Your statutory rights, in particular your rights under the Consumer Contract (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges Regulations, and the Consumer Rights Act are not affected.
- You agree that we (or our appointed agents) may examine and test any goods that are claimed to be defective to establish whether those defects are our responsibility.
- Where we need to send the goods away for examination and testing, then you will permit us (or our agents) to collect the goods from you for that purpose.
- Where defective goods are exchanged, you must allow us to collect the defective goods from you. Please also note that you may have to wait for replacement goods that are non-stock items or are made-to-order.
- For self-assembly goods, it is important that you read the assembly instructions carefully as we cannot accept responsibility for any self-assembly goods that are damaged because instructions were not properly followed.
- Where it cannot otherwise be established that we supplied any goods that are claimed to be defective, for example because sewn-in labels have been removed, then we may require you to produce proof of purchase.
- When we are satisfied that the goods are faulty you will be offered a replacement or full refund of the original purchase price. Nothing in this section affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
11. Changes to your order
- Once you have received confirmation of your order, changes can only be made to your personal details up to the point of your delivery being booked with you.
- If you wish to make changes to the items ordered, your order will need to be cancelled and a new order placed.
- Both may be completed by contacting our Customer Service team by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 0344 499 4686.
- Changes made to your order after the original confirmation will result in a new approximate time frame for delivery. We will give you an indication of the new approximate time frame once we have confirmed your cancellation and a new order has been placed.
- Please note that for made-to-order items, cancellations can only be made in accordance with your rights under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations.
- To obtain a refund you must take reasonable care of the goods. If you fail to do so we reserve the right to refuse the refund or deduct a charge based on the condition of the goods. We may make a deduction from your refund for any loss in value of any goods if they have been unnecessarily handled by you.
- It is not possible to refund made to measure items or goods made to your specification unless you cancel in accordance with your rights under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations or they are faulty or not as described, in which case we may ask to review the goods through an independent inspection before a refund is given. Your consumer rights are not affected.
- To return items purchased through our website, we will make arrangements for the goods to be collected from you. Please note this will incur a lead-time. Our home delivery company will contact you directly to book this in with you. We reserve the right to charge return collection charges.
- Goods that have been purchased online cannot be returned to store.
- For our standard delivery items purchased through our website, you may wish to follow the returns procedure outlined in the delivery note. Unwanted goods may be returned from the UK free of charge under your rights under the Consumer Contract (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations if we are notified within 7 working days of receipt.
- Selected upholstery items are made-to-order. These goods are produced only upon the request and confirmation of your order. Any cancellations for made-to-order items will need to be made in accordance with your rights under Consumer Contract (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations.
- Your refund will be processed as soon as possible and in any event within no more than 14 of the day after our receipt of the returned goods, or, if the goods have not yet been delivered, within 14 days of the day you gave us notice of cancellation.
- Until the goods are returned to us, you are responsible if the goods are lost, damaged or destroyed. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation we may make a deduction from any refund due to you.
- We will only make a refund using the same method of payment originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
- Where the goods were delivered to a third party in the UK and you are unable to return them to us, you may not be entitled to a refund. We will not supply or deliver to shipping agents or to agents who sell on our goods to third parties.
13. Our products
- All goods are subject to availability. If for any reason beyond our control we are unable to supply any goods then you will be offered a full refund or, if available and acceptable to you, substitute goods of equivalent quality and price.
- To get the most out of any goods, you should take care to follow the care instructions. The goods we sell are for consumers for general domestic use only and must be used for the intended purpose. Where products are used for non-domestic purposes we exclude (to the fullest extent permitted by law) those warranties and conditions relating to fitness for a particular purpose.
14. Our staff
- Our Customer Service team is trained to provide good service. However, no advice can be given about plumbing, electrics, carpentry, kitchen fitting or any similar professions so if you need advice you should obtain it from a qualified expert at your own risk. Please don’t book any fitting or installation services until the goods have been delivered.
- None of our Customer Service team are authorised to advise on whether any goods are suitable for any unusual purpose. If you intend to use the goods for any unusual purpose, then you must make up your own mind about whether the goods are suitable or take advice from a third party.
15. Data protection
- Your privacy is very important to us at Habitat and we are committed to treating your personal data (e.g. your name, telephone number, e-mail address, billing and delivery address, debit and credit card details) with total respect and confidentiality. Habitat is registered as a data controller under the Data Protection Act 2018 and we will comply with the statutory requirements imposed on us to keep your personal data confidential and secure. For further information about how we use your personal data, please see our
- We will not be responsible for any delay in complying or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions of sale if that delay or failure is due to any circumstances outside our reasonable control including without limitation fire, flood, acts of terrorism or where we are let down by a supplier.
- These conditions of sale are in addition to, and do not affect, your statutory rights as a consumer. They are the only terms and conditions that are applicable to your distance order and take the place of any terms and conditions displayed at the point of sale at any Habitat store.
- You may not transfer your rights under the contract between us to any third party without Habitat's prior written consent.
- If any term of these conditions of sale is determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, then such term will be severed from the remaining terms which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If you do not comply with these conditions of sale and we take no action in respect of that non-compliance, our right to take action in the same or a similar situation in the future will not be affected.
- In case of any online shopping disputes, please email email@example.com or call us on 0344 499 4686. Please note these contact details are for online queries only. If your query is not relating to an online issue it will automatically be forwarded to one of our stores for a response and this could delay the response time.
- In case of any store shopping disputes please call our stores directly on 0344 499 1111. All communications will be in the English language.
- These Conditions of Sale and any contract formed in accordance with clause 1 of those Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- When we refer to "you" and "your" we mean the user of the Website and purchaser of Goods.
- You must not misuse this Website. You will not: commit or encourage a criminal offence; transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or post any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene; hack into any aspect of the service; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; infringe upon the rights of any other person's proprietary rights; send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as "spam"; or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this Website. Breaching this provision would constitute a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Habitat Retail Ltd will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
- You shall not modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based on any software or accompanying documentation supplied by Habitat Retail Ltd.
- If you have any questions about the terms and conditions, the Goods or the Website please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0344 499 4686.
- We try to make sure that all information on the Website, including descriptions of the Vouchers, and are accurate and correct at all times. However, mistakes do happen. We will try to resolve all information errors on the Website as soon as reasonably possible, and if we reasonably think that such an error has affected your purchase of Goods we will try to let you know. However, because we take these steps we will not be liable to you for any errors on the Website.
Subject to availability. Prices are as displayed in-store and on the website at the time of offer. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with other offers. Offer excludes Home Delivery and gift vouchers.
18. Gift Voucher Terms & Conditions
- These are the terms and conditions which will apply to your purchase of e-vouchers (the "Vouchers") from Habitat Retail Ltd.
- The supplier of the Vouchers Habitat Retail Ltd whose registered office is at 489-499 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes, MK9 2NW (company number 7445750). All communications must be made to email@example.com , call us on 0344 499 4686, or by post to Habitat Customer Service, Royal Avenue, Widnes, WA8 8HSThese terms and conditions form a legally binding contract between us and you. Your acceptance of the terms and conditions is given when you purchase Vouchers from us. You should read these terms and conditions carefully before buying anything from this Website.
- We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions under which the Website and the Vouchers are provided. Any such change in terms and conditions will be effective to all new orders once included in the text of these terms and conditions and published on the Website. You should check the terms and conditions posted on the Website periodically to ensure that you are aware of and comply with the current version.Your Order only constitutes an offer to purchase Vouchers from us, and does not form a binding contract until accepted by us.
- On receipt of your Order, we will send you an Order acknowledgement email to the email address which you provide in the Order process. This Order acknowledgement email will contain your Order number, value of Vouchers ordered, email address that the Vouchers have been requested to be delivered to and a delivery date. Note that this email is only to acknowledge that your order has been received, and is not acceptance by us of any offers to purchase Vouchers. We must receive full payment for the price of the Vouchers before we can accept any offers. An offer made by you to purchase Vouchers shall only be deemed to be accepted by us when we send you a confirmatory email confirming that the Vouchers have been delivered. We reserve the right to refuse any offers in an Order prior to acceptance.
- If a ‘Voucher’ is delivered with a higher value than the price that was charged to the credit or debit card, Habitat Retail Ltd reserves the right to cancel the Voucher and re-issue the Voucher at the correct purchase price.
- A maximum of 10 vouchers can be redeemed per transaction. All prices and charges on the Website are in UK pounds sterling. Where delivery charges apply, these will be displayed in the order process.
- All prices are, unless otherwise stated, inclusive of VAT and other applicable taxes. Our VAT number is: 660 4548 36.
- Vouchers may be redeemed for goods on our website www.habitat.co.uk. Vouchers will only be redeemed where a valid Voucher code is used at the online checkout at the point of sale. Habitat Retail Ltd reserves the right to reject illegible or incomplete Vouchers.
- A Voucher can be used as full or part payment for goods. No change will be given on Vouchers. If a Voucher is utilised for part payment, a separate Voucher will be issued to you to the value of any remaining balance which can be spent on future purchases. This applies only where the value remaining is greater than our lowest denomination voucher.
- The remaining balance of a Voucher and expiry date of a Voucher can be checked at any time by calling Habitat Customer Services. Vouchers cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash or other gift vouchers and are not for resale.
- The transaction reference on your credit card statement will refer to habitatgiftvouchers.co.uk. Eagle Eye Solutions assist Habitat Retail Ltd by providing Habitat Retail Ltd with the e-Voucher services in order that Habitat Retail Ltd may issue Vouchers to its customers.
- Vouchers will expire 12 months from the date of their issue, and any remaining balance will be forfeit following expiry of any Voucher.
- Habitat Retail Ltd is not responsible for any lost, stolen, undeliverable or delayed Vouchers or any network failures. If you are the purchaser, please double check the delivery email address that you enter – it is your responsibility to do so and we can’t be held responsible if a gift voucher is used by someone other than your recipient if any details are entered is incorrectly. In addition, we can’t take responsibility for any gift vouchers that are lost or used by someone other than your recipient after delivery.
- If a Voucher is deleted, or if you should have any other queries concerning Vouchers please call our Customer Service team on 0344 499 4686 or email firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to help.
19. Competitions & Offers
- Trust Pilot draw: Each review posted to Trustpilot is automatically entered into a monthly draw. The prize is one £50 Habitat gift voucher. There is no cash alternative or prize alternative, the gift voucher can only be used online at habitat.co.uk and cannot be redeemed in store. The competition is for UK residents only and closes on the last night of the month at 11.59pm. Entrants must be 18 years old or over. One winner will be chosen and contacted via email. The winner must respond to this contact within 7 days or forfeit the prize. Another winner will then be chosen. The prize will be provided directly by Habitat. Employees of Home Retail Group are excluded from entering the prize draw. Habitat registered address: Saffron House, 118-124 Saffron Hill, London EC1N 8TS.
- Welcome Offer: £20 off when you spend £100 in store and online. Subject to availability. Discount applies to prices as displayed at the time of offer. Offer is valid until 21st August 2019 only. Offer excludes gift vouchers, home delivery, assembly and fitted kitchens. Not valid for employees of J Sainsbury plc.
- Product Review Prize Draw: Each review accepted is automatically entered into a monthly draw. A winner will be chosen at random by Habitat. The competition is for UK residents only (sorry) and closes on the last night of the month at 11.59pm. No cash alternative to the prize is offered. We’ll email you if you’ve won – you have 7 days to get back to us, or the voucher is forfeited and we draw again.
- Habitat Furniture for Life competition: The Habitat Furniture for Life competition is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- To be eligible for entry, participants must write a blog post on their website with the theme ‘Furniture That Lasts’, link to this Habitat blog post (www.habitat.co.uk/blog/whats-on/win-the-sofa-of-your-dreams/) and promote it on Instagram via the competition hashtag #originalhabitat
- If an entrant does not have an Instagram account, Twitter or Facebook posts promoting their blog post with the competition hashtag will be accepted.
- This competition is only open to bloggers based in the U.K and Ireland.
- Entrants should run their own blog on a relevant platform (e.g. WordPress). Social networking websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn are not considered blog platforms.
- In order to count as an entry, the blog post must be submitted via email to email@example.com Blog posts not sent via email will not be considered as entries. Blog and social media posts must not mention or promote direct competitors of Habitat.
- In order to be considered, the blog post must exceed 300 words.
- The entry period for the competition will run from 1st August at 8:00am until 31st August 2019 at 11:00pm GMT
- Brand ambassadors, in conjunction with Habitat, will consider all eligible entries. A shortlist of potential prizewinning entries will be produced based on criteria including creativity and quality of writing.
- The shortlist of potential prizewinning entries and the final winner will be announced on the Habitat blog post on 6th September 2019.
- The prize will be available for use up until 30th August 2020.
- The promoter (Habitat) reserves the right to cancel or postpone the competition at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and proof of age will be required before the prize is confirmed.
- The prize format will be one £1500 Habitat gift voucher, to be spent on a sofa or associated product of the winner’s choice.
- The competition is not open to anyone associated with Habitat or any associated companies.
- The winner agrees to share their prize with Habitat in a review on their personal blog and to share a minimum of two posts on social media, tagging Habitat’s official Instagram account (@HabitatUK).
- By entering this competition, you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- Not valid for employees of J Sainsbury plc.
- Brighton Pride competition: Entrants must fully complete the competition instructions outlined on both the Habitat blog post and at the Brighton store. The prize is for 1 X £500 Habitat gift card. There is no cash or prize alternative. The winner will be announced on the 9th August. Open to UK residents only. Employees or contractors of Habitat and 3rd parties involved in the competition and their immediate family, operators of its brands and concessions, or anyone directly connected with Habitat will not be eligible to enter the prize draw. Entrants must be 18 years old or over. One winner will be selected at random and contacted by email. The winner must respond to this contact within 7 days of forfeit the prize. Another winner will then be chosen. No responsibility is accepted for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, lost, delayed or are unable to be submitted due to any technical or other reason. Proof of sending of any entry will not be proof of Habitat's receipt of that entry. Habitat reserves the right, at any time, to (i) cancel the Competition, (ii) cancel or refuse any individual's entry and (iii) amend these terms and conditions. Habitat registered address: Saffron House, 118-124 Saffron Hill, London, EC1N 8TS.
- Habitat Sainsbury’s In-Aisle Trial Competition: Entrants must fill in their details at habitat.co.uk/win. The prize is for 1 x £100 Habitat voucher to spend online at habitat.co.uk only. There is no cash or prize alternative. The start date of the competition is 9:00 am Monday 12 August 2019; the Competition closes at 9:00 am on Wednesday 12 August 2020. Open to UK residents only. Employees or contractors of Habitat and 3rd parties involved in the Competition and their immediate family, operators of its brands and concessions, or anyone directly connected with Habitat will not be eligible to enter the prize draw. Entrants must be 18 years old or over. One winner will be selected at random every month and contacted by email by the 5th of each month. The winner must respond to this contact within 7 days or forfeit the prize. Another winner will then be chosen. No responsibility is accepted for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, lost, delayed or are unable to be submitted due to any technical or other reason. Proof of sending of any entry will not be proof of Habitat’s receipt of that entry. Habitat reserves the right, at any time, to (i) cancel the Competition, (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry and (iii) amend these terms and conditions. Habitat registered address: Saffron House, 118-124 Saffron Hill, London EC1N 8TS.